TOY 3.95% 7.3¢ toys'r'us anz limited

Ann: Full Year Statutory Accounts, page-2

1. 407 Posts.
    After releasing the HY results they said something like:

"Given our strengthening financial position and operating performance I expect to resume dividend payments to shareholders when we announce our full year results."

And they have come up with a loss of $10m from continuing operations.

Now they say:

"The Board is confident that the company will return to profit in 2015 financial year following a re-alignment of the business structure with greater focus on the key drivers of the business."

I don't share their confidence.

Silly mistake on my part. Note to diary: Ignore press hype on gimmicky products. And if "entrepreneurs" are reported as buying stock, avoid them like the plague. If a company is reduced to plugging their stock at show biz cocktail parties, there's a fair chance they have no real substance.

The only remaining question for me is when to hit the sell button. I don't see a need to panic just yet, because they are still (just) cash flow positive, although I note a reduction in OCF and a reduction in interest cover from 2x to about 1.5x, despite the reduction in debt. I think the market anticipated this crappy result, and today so far there have been no trades at all (pretty well summing up interest in this stock). So it's a wait and watch for me. But I will take the loss and dump on any further serious weakness.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.003(3.95%)
Mkt cap ! $11.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.7¢ 7.3¢ $2.314K 31.55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2161 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 14181 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.42am 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.