BIS 1.27% $4.77 bisalloy steel group limited

Ann: Full Year Statutory Accounts, page-4

1. 9,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Hi Cat lol its always good to read a another post on bis,so i'll add a new one.
    I'm happy to hold bis due to lower dollar,anti dumping regulation and the necessary but unfortunate cost cuts.It should now become more stable in its earnings hopefully maintaining similar this half going forward which would make is reasonable stock to own due to financials ,div etc etc.
    So i'm happy to hold the stock for above reasons,but i regard bis as my spec stock not (now) because of the risk,but for its armour defense grade plate and its pressure sub hull steel technology.
    Bis market cap is approx $26m at .60 cents.And due to political pressure and now common sense thanks to the germans,i believe the subs a $20b plus project and land 400 a $10 b plus project will now be build in australia eg sub hulls and land 400 armoured vehicles a large component of projects.
    bis is on the govt defense boards etc ,the only manufacturer of above grades and quality wear plate grades,so how can a $26 million market cap co like bis that owns the premise,little debt not be a buy out target.
    Bluescope steel has said there happy to import green feed to compete (bisalloys business model for wear plate is greenfeed),ssab now shipping wear plate from US and again facing new bis anti dumping claims from US with a falling dollar aud against usd,you have steel technology co's from germany ready to buy ASC for submarine contract and also tendering for land 400,same japanese who have withdrawn from australian wear plate sales because can't compete now with bis and are competing for subs same as germany.Even the french tendering for subs and land 400 eg thales etc.
    Integral to these $30-$40 billion plus projects is bis australia steel technology,previously defense controlled,but when the above countries are providing new technology assitance for hull steel etc etc i would have thought at one stage above co's are going to say why are we paying a normal large premium for such a mega contracts for defense and pressure grade steel from a $26 million market cap co like bis.Especially if after the mega profits from above are banked and co's like ssab,bsl,japan probably a couple of others can continue selling the wear plate and utilising the chinese JV.
    just my thoughts dyor,but surely bluescope steel should buy bis before above foreign co's win any of the tender contracts imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.77
Change
0.060(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $227.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.71 $4.80 $4.70 $145.0K 30.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 584 $4.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.80 226 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.57am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.