RRP 0.00% 8.5¢ realm resources limited

This is the oddest thread I have ever seen: 1. Maysgr was...

1. 25 Posts.
    This is the oddest thread I have ever seen:

1. Maysgr was provably correct on the eps calculation, no one even attempted to prove him wrong with evidence but instead just claimed that it was irrelevant to the market cap. EPS is simply a per share representation of Net Profit, if b30 really wanted to say that net profit shouldn't be taken into account in calculating the value of a company then I would be skeptical.
    2. There was never any explanation as to why EBIDTA is a better measure then EPS. Why wouldn't investors take into account the very real depreciation costs for a mining business such as this? Further, why is using a multiple of EBIDTA correct, when using a Price to Earnings ratio is somehow worse. For that to be true you would have to explain why Depreciation, Taxation, Interest and Amortization costs should be excluded which no one did  (DCF valuation is best for mining businesses in reality)
    3. @Bright30 continually references PE ratios and then says that EPS are 'never used' to determine market cap. The E of PE ratio is EPS, which is therefore an inherently contradictory pair of statements
    4.  There still didn't seem to be an understanding by some posters that the EPS number had to be annualized which led to people using Earnings Ratios on what is essentially 1 quarter of earnings.

Very odd.
    Last edited by arbie1234: 10/07/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.