ONT 0.00% $7.13 1300 smiles limited

thanks MarsC. good post. I agree it is wrong to compare OTC...

1. 307 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    thanks MarsC. good post.

I agree it is wrong to compare OTC revenues with the acquired revenues (whioch woould definitely be on a statutory basis). The OTC series is an ad hoc, non-GAAP series. Interesting, but a special series, and of a different ilk to other estimates of revenue.

I'll continue to hold (not a large relative holding). While the valuation multiple is high-ish (but less than PSQ, and ABA.nz, but above SIL), there are some offsetting considerations.
    1. Some of the headwinds may at some point become tailwinds (and I'd rather sell when temporary factors portray the business in the best light, rather than a poor light!);
    2. ONT is deploying the cash balance to make acquisitions (turning a low value asset, not appreciated by the market, in something offering higher returns, which the market values more generously), and
    3. to the company's credit they continue to deploy capital well (no debt, no share issues etc - as the ethical equities piece highlighted).
    4. They continue to enjoy industry-leading margins.
    So, hopefully, the issues are more likely temporary, than fatal. Time will tell.! As you will see, it's never been a high conviction holding for me.

OTOH, the other negative point (not explicitly made recently) is that while some companies in this sector regularly report LFL revenue performance (eg, ABA.nz and PSQ) so we don't have to try and estimate it in rough and ready fashion, ONT does not. It's always more reassuring when disclosure is fuller, than lesser, IMHO.

PS. Marcs, your big sell, and change of view, hit the share price hard! I wish you successful with wherever you re-invest your proceeds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ONT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.