GUD 0.41% $9.77 g.u.d. holdings limited

I bought this stock quite a few years back now despite the...

1. 783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 230
    I bought this stock quite a few years back now despite the underlying premise that conventional car parts will disappear in due course as EV's take over.
    GUD seemed committed to run the course and become stronger through acquisition as competitors decided to step away.
    So the plan as I saw/see it is that they gradually carve out a larger part of a shrinking pie.
    And the thing is that they've managed to acquire some businesses across the last several years and carve out a larger slice of the pie even though the pie hasn't really done much shrinking as yet.

But to me EV's seem to be on an unstoppable path, even though I can't yet see how they (i.e.full EV's) can become commercially viable.
    I'm concerned that Governments here and around the world will attempt to speed up what I suspect would be a slow process by making offers that can't be refused.

As an example my son who lives in the UK was talking about a proposal to charge an amount of money for every day you take your car out onto the road where the car is more than 6 years old.
    I don't know how viable that idea would prove to be, but I suspect there may be a "Government initiative" somewhere along the line to support efforts to green up the community.

GUD are addressing this issue in part by now supplying lights, tow bars etc which should have universal appeal irrespective of the car type.
    But, there's at least a chance, if not a probability, that conventional car parts will come to an end one day and GUD may need to be near the Exits when this occurs.
    Their borrowings place them a little further away from the Exit than I'd like at this stage but there's plenty of time.

I'm content with my investment here and expect to be for quite a few years but the world's progress needs to be watched carefully.
    Great investment though it's been it's not one to store away in the bottom drawer for 5 years before you look at it again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GUD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.77
Change
-0.040(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.376B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.82 $9.87 $9.74 $2.664M 272.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 433 $9.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.78 954 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$9.76
  Change
-0.040 ( 0.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.84 $9.86 $9.74 32243
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
GUD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.