KOV 0.11% $8.94 korvest ltd

The headline Pre-Tax number of $16.1m was bolstered by a $0.56m...

1. 16,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8038
    The headline Pre-Tax number of $16.1m was bolstered by a $0.56m reversal of a provision, but even stripping that out, it came in ahead of the $15m update provided  in June.

Some salient features of the JH23 performance result were the 350bp increase in the GP Margin on JH22 and DH22, to 38%, as the company flexed its pricing power, as well as the discipline in managing fixed overheads, with Cost-of-Doing Business to Revenue still near all-time lows, despite the inflationary environment:

KOV CoDB to Rev.JPG

But the highlight of the result was the absolute monster cash flow in the second-half, as the company ran down inventory, which had been built up post-Covid, to more normalised levels:

KOV OCF.JPG

As a result of the strong cash generation, the company ended the year with almost $9m in Net Cash.

In that context, I thought the 67% dividend payout ratio was a bit parsimonious, but I suspect capital is being retained for the redevelopment of the Kilburn site, notably the empty block behind the factory (denoted by the yellow shaded area in the aerial photo below), because the existing operating footprint is getting a bit crowded.

KOV Aerial.JPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KOV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.94
Change
0.010(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $104.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.00 $9.00 $8.79 $278.7K 31.26K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3 $8.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.95 1472 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KOV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.