LYC 0.48% $6.26 lynas rare earths limited

There are several other articles similarly titled. It's a...

1. 6,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1000
    There are several other articles similarly titled. It's a trading event; nothing out of the ordinary.

Is anyone taking a more bullish stance?

Did Amanda? Not really; not imo. Very little excitement or vision for such a massive raise.

Could have been presented so much more intelligently, though. Why did they decide to leak and squeak jnstead? This is all about Japan long term strategizing.

Lynas desperately needs the money to fulfill its obligations to Japan, and it has no other place to get it and that's its own fault for poor planning and bad luck.

Large Chinese presence in Malaysian government and media predated the decision to base there. Probably board at the time did not see 60-year rule by pseudo-favorable political party coming to an end so ignominiously.

Worked out well for Japan whose magnet-makers may take this massive CR as evidence that they will have the mag metals supply security they need to plan growth sooner rather than later. But of course they are dependent Chinese DyTd for years to come.

Still, Amanda's comments that they don't know where ROW magnetmaking demand growth will come from and they don't see any evidence it has started is of significant interest and concern. Someone somewhere is building capacity.

Less risk; more boredom. But as anticipated global demand growth ramp continues to lay lower each year, there is no time for hesitation or delay.

Bottom Line: I see the raise as supportive of NdPr supply security to Japan with acceleration of timeline, but that's very much in keeping with my investment thesis based on Japanese-Chinese Big Auto JVs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.26
Change
-0.030(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.851B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.29 $6.30 $6.24 $12.71M 2.028M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 13629 $6.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.27 9053 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.