KCN 5.48% $1.38 kingsgate consolidated limited.

It seems to me that we investors have a limited understanding of...

1. CHN
    731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 289
    It seems to me that we investors have a limited understanding of the drawn out pace of events in Thailand and the difficulties
    that KCN has faced in both conducting the litigation and negotiating a settlement.

This finance package seems to now put the restart in KCN's hands and the engineering report mentioned in the announcement recommends a restart that allows us to produce gold quickly and get the cash rolling in. A limited refurbishment and no need to dewater to extract the first gold.

My expectation is a $3.50 - $4 share price at this point. As further development takes place, increased JORC resources are established and final details of the settlement are released by KCN, I can't see why the SP won't get to $5-$6 (maybe more if the gold price continues climbing)

The size of the package at $40m is not far from the original $50m estimate that was quoted several times in updates provided
    by KCN. The bridging loan is obviously to address the low cash reserves but it appears that interest & fees can be capitalised
    into the larger loan so once the bridging loan is funded it doesn't have to be repaid for 12 months. By that time the company will
    hopefully have sold some gold once again and Lovegod will have the jacuzzi pumping. So if I have understood the announcement
    correctly KCN will have about $60m (less establishment fees and interest) to play with to get the operation moving from a standing start.
    That's pretty close to the number advised last year.

I have little understanding of what technical staff are required to make this happen and how long it takes to hire those people
    and get them into Thailand. Maybe someone smarter than me can comment. But we should be patient about details of resources and
    timelines of the various stages until those technical folks are on board.

I have a significant holding (at least for me) and it was not possible for me to take advantage of the spike above $2 and a buy back
    around the recent bottom. The buy/sell quantities for this stock are pretty modest. The flip side of that is that anyone who now tries to
    establish a significant position will have to pay up.

So I'm pretty happy with the way this has played out and look forward to what next week will bring after the gold action on Friday night.

Cheers to all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.