LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Ann: Funds Received for Share Placement to IDG Investment, page-16

1. 5,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3078
    After reading these Opening Remarks by Secretary Perry at the World Gas Conference talking up / spruiking US LNG to the thousands of people who attended from more than 100 nations in attendance this week, my Only comment is, there is No way in the world the USA would want this 'Trade War' on tariffs to escalate any further imho. Which makes me wonder, What would Confucius say ? maybe "Shooting yourself in the foot can be a lot more painful than shooting from the hip" !

You be the Judge, here's a few snippets i prepared earlier

Secretary Perry speaks at the World Gas Conference in Washington, D.C.

It’s been 30 years since the World Gas Conference was held here in the United States.

Back then, President Ronald Reagan addressed the conference and stressed the increasing importance of natural gas as a secure, affordable, and clean-burning fuel.

Since that time, the landscape for this vital fuel and other energy resources has gone through a transformation that is nothing short of spectacular.

I would like to discuss that transformation from the perspective of my own country… but I will highlight how the implications reach far beyond our shores.

In order to grasp the sheer magnitude of this transformation, imagine what people back in 1988 would have thought if they heard about the landscape of today.

Imagine if they heard that – in their lifetime – this nation would become the number-one natural gas producer in the world.

Imagine if they heard that our future supply of natural gas would more than double between 1990 and 2016.

Imagine if they heard that in 30 years, the U.S. would be producing energy more cleanly and efficiently…more abundantly and affordably…and from a wider range of energy sources…including natural gas…than anyone predicted.

Simply stated, they would have been dumbfounded.

And yet here we are today…bearing witness to this astonishing energy miracle…and to an equally astounding miracle in natural gas production.

According to the EIA’s recently released Short-Term Energy Outlook, we will set a new record this year for dry natural gas production, with an average of 81.2 billion cubic feet per day…and we will break that record next year.

As a consequence, America is on the cusp of energy independence.

And as our progress continues, we are not only advancing our energy security, but our economic security as well, reducing manufacturing costs and unleashing business expansion and job creation.

But that’s not all.

Just last year, the United States became a net natural gas exporter for the first time in 60 years.

We are now exporting LNG to 30 countries on five continents.

We are sharing our energy bounty with the world.

But according to the latest estimates, even by the year 2040, fossil fuels will comprise more than 75% of world energy usage.

Clearly, the answer is not to exclude but to include.

The answer is not to exclude oil, gas, and coal from the world’s energy mix.

For the sake of energy security…for the sake of economic security…for the sake of national security…. for the sake of environmental progress…and for the sake of our fellow human beings, we must honor the right of every nation to responsibly use every fuel at its disposal.
    That includes fossil fuels.

And yes, that includes the cleanest fossil fuel and one of the most abundant energy sources on the planet -- natural gas.

The view the full Opening Remarks by Secretary Perry at the World Gas Conference go here,

www.energy.gov/articles/opening-remarks-secretary-perry-world-gas-conference-prepared-delivery

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.