MFG 2.78% $10.73 magellan financial group limited

Just to add to this - Magellan in my view has one of the WORST...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    Just to add to this - Magellan in my view has one of the WORST management teams I have ever seen in 15 years of investing.

All they've hired is more people from the same boys club of the investment sphere. They haven't brought anyone from OUTSIDE asset management - someone who could provide unusual, out-of-the-box or creative thinking about what this company could do with the capital its got left to try and reinvent itself.

When HD steered the Magellan ship, it was a one trick pony. Everything relied on the global equity strategy going well. Barrenjoey and Guzman barely counted for squat in terms of profitability. Sadly after all Magellan has been through, they've resorted to the same type of characters to fix the business: investment managers who know nothing about running listed companies.

I would honestly rather see Magellan do something crazy like invest in infrastructure assets directly and/or develop property. If this company doesn't make a big, bold change, then nothing will turn around. They need to create a new business segment that will offset the diminishing candle that is their funds management operation.
    Last edited by SaltyInvestor: 08/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.73
Change
0.290(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $1.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.53 $10.96 $10.51 $17.49M 1.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2000 $10.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.73 1667 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.