PTM 1.97% $1.04 platinum asset management limited

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Picking a side is not the way, neural plasticity is the key.
    Sometimes the right thing to do is to dig in and hold your ground or add other times the facts change and you should close a position.

This is all sensible and thanks for the summary JK99, the general attitude of the funds I agree with it's the execution which leaves me with that nagging doubt, the fact that China has underperformed I would see as vaguely positive but I wonder if these guys really acknowledged the bearish views and could have saved themselves some pain.

No offense to long term holders but they've not presented any evidence that they really understand the business despite professing to a "value" or contrarian long term investing orientation with intense focus on valuation just as PTM does. I don't mean to judge I think it's amazingly difficult to put a value on the ability of any team of stockpickers and portfolio managers to outperform the market.

Time may tell but I think on balance the short-sellers of PTM of yesteryear got a bit lucky in that the U.S. bull market was so persistent.
    You may look at the price action and say they were right but they weren't doing any more detailed analysis than the longs and I think it was more luck.

We are in a bull market for stock-pickers long and short so PTM has every opportunity to redeem themselves, the million dollar question to me is will they?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.04
Change
0.020(1.97%)
Mkt cap ! $602.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.02 $1.05 $1.01 $2.152M 2.082M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 20945 $1.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 94385 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.