ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I disagree I think that passive investing has really proven that most investment advisors aren't worth their salt.

I think PTM are one of the few that are, but I could be wrong.

The problem with ETFs is the portfolio management decision, you need to move out of an asset class if it gets overcooked. Buy the dip is fine until one day the dip keeps dipping.

I don't see the recent price action in stocks like TSLA and NVDIA as a sign of a healthy market, clearly shortsellers can't be dogmatic like MarsC and I often are on the long side. The dumb etf robot buying the largest cap stocks is definitely visible and creates distortions for stock pickers.

If you are a trader then better not attempt falling knives, if you are a stupid long term investor like me then I'll win the fight when the other guy gets tired of hitting me. I don't want to prove that I am smart investing shouldn't be about ego.

As Hettie Green put it "When I see a good thing going cheap because nobody wants it, I buy a lot of it and tuck it away". This is still the way I prefer.

Could be a falling knife I don't know, I'd suggest over the long term investments track fundamentals and sentiment and either or both of those could change here.

Especially when the predominant perception is that it's Nokia, Kodak, take your pick.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.020(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $716.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.24 $1.20 $2.658M 2.181M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16356 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 22166 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.