PTM 0.00% 99.5¢ platinum asset management limited

Ann: Funds Under Management - January 2024, page-88

1. K23
    642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    If i though a certain way about a company or the people that run such company, and this impacted on my moral belief system ... i would not buy shares in that company.

After not purchasing that companys shares... and watching the price continue to fall over the follow years, would not only bring me great joy but it would strengthen my core belief system and my approach to share selection.

This is trading, so... it is ok to make mistakes and take losses whilst we figure out how we wish to invest our money by supporting companies that meet our criteria.

So if you have lost money in this company because you failed to recognise:
    - the multi-year downtrend,
    - their investment approach,
    - global economic conditions.

Then maybe the issue isn't their skin colour or the type of schooling the directors or employees had?

I think if you started an indigenous hedge fund tho, it would have alot of tailwinds as i am sure the government would throw billions at it. You would also get massive tax breaks and the business loan to set up your head office would have the lowest interest rate in the country. It would be nearly impossible not to outperform your competitors, even if you just bought blue chip ETFs.

Might even end up "Young Australian of the year" instead of being some fella on an open forum trying to downramp using racial connotations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $579.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.00 99.0¢ $1.219M 1.226M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 267555 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 81112 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
99.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
99.5¢ $1.00 99.0¢ 422874
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.