MFG 0.27% $11.26 magellan financial group limited

People like @uranium69... I just don't know what to say.These...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    People like @uranium69... I just don't know what to say.

These up-rampers make me sick. They want to convince their mates and non-holders that buying now is like a ticket for the rocket ship. It's a little like an abusive relationship. Like those people who date alpha rugby players - the relationship is bad, it involves a lot of pain, but the abused person just can't leave because they are infatuated with the abuser. That is exactly the relationship between MFG holders and Magellan management. They just don't have the gall to leave despite all the signs that even blind Freddy can see.

I'm not sure how long you've invested in markets mate. You can be profitable, debt free - all of that. But if your underlying business is in terminal decline, your SP is never going to go up. You sound like you're just another sucker for dividends, which is fine when the capital losses aren't destroying everything you're making from distributions and providing no-net benefit.

All of you heroes who bought Magellan on 12% yields back when it was $15+. Was it worth it? This company is can't keep this yield up when its fees are very, very rapidly diminishing. Meanwhile, it's incinerating cash into buy-backs, which are complete accounting sorcery. What would the price be by now if MFG wasn't doing daily buybacks???? They are being crushed by the wave. Notwithstanding that, the ETF providers are slurping fund flows like anything because investors have been so disillusioned with active managers and their "ability to outperform while managing risk." Something Magellan couldn't do, despite charging 25x the fee of an S&P 500 ETF. It's like paying $250 for "premium oil" that actually didn't even last as long as the $10 home brand from Super Cheap Auto.

I am so sick of warning people to stay away from this business, but they are so delusional that I don't care anymore. I hope you lose all of that money so you learn a lesson on how to not take it for granted. Like it could have been donated to charity as a tax write-off, which is a better return than the prospects of this company. Just you wait.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.