PTM 3.86% 99.5¢ platinum asset management limited

Ann: Funds Under Management - October 2022, page-22

1. 1,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    The Idea your conveying I absolutely agree with and I operate my own portfolio as such: governing position sizing according to conviction, milestones, management skin in game, shareholder friendly, future potential along the timeline together with does the thesis still hold up. So it doesn't mean I need to ride any one position to zero. If my thesis is busted, I sell. Ill add when I feel all the cogs are humming.

Bringing me to PTM specifically, Ive put it in the TOO HARD BASKET. I feel the long touted "short US" card has largely been played, and outflows haven't abated (thesis broken), together with the lack of innovation within the organisation to STEM these outflows (conviction/future potential broken), no interest in said organisation to support the share price (shareholder friendly broken), lack of substantial insider buying on market (management skin in game broken).

So I sell at a loss not equating to 100% of my portfolio holdings, neither selling said security at $0. For reference, this said security started at 5% and gradually reduced over time to a 2% size in my portfolio, so my loss is about 1%.

The only play here IMO is a takeover. Having said that it is not the type of stock to go to zero either IMO. Thanks for the chat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
-0.040(3.86%)
Mkt cap ! $579.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.03 $1.03 99.0¢ $23.50M 23.60M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 302038 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 44470 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.