MFG 2.55% $8.43 magellan financial group limited

You keep making these posts implying that all things are equal...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    You keep making these posts implying that all things are equal in the situations you describe.

But they're not.

The house that has fallen 40% in value, in the context of Magellan, has massive foundational cracks and I wouldn't buy it even if it fell 80% in value because it would collapse and be worthless, and create expenses for me in time and rebuilding.

I don't think anybody would have ever called SYD a dud investment, and again I think you keep making things up that people are saying. Most people recognize SYD as a systemically important institution that serves as the economic interchange of people traveling into and out of Australia, in line with growth and appetite for travel.

SYD never had cracks in its foundations, not even during COVID (I preferred AIA and made money on it).

You enjoy your straw hat in winter, and the realization its broken in when the sun does shine and markets do recover. Magellan will be left behind because people don't want to pay expensive fees for managers who can't beat the index.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.43
Change
0.210(2.55%)
Mkt cap ! $1.523B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.23 $8.45 $8.20 $6.423M 769.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7432 $8.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.43 27807 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.