MFG 0.72% $8.22 magellan financial group limited

Sorry to hear that - I tried my best to get people to avoid this...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    Sorry to hear that - I tried my best to get people to avoid this company since 2020.

I've worked in the finance industry a long time as an analyst - vast majority of these asset managers are marketing scams. Lots and lots media interviews and brand building on ****** and the AFR - no actual substance.

Also, the Australian sharemarket in my 99% worthless opinion is an awful place to invest. Directors of companies and retail investors are so obsessed with high dividends and franking credits that our companies don't take risks to innovate nor invest for growth - that's why the ASX overall has been such a laggard over the last 15 years and I decided to bail on our market overall. We just throw dividends around like candy. Meanwhile the Americans have innovated to the moon (quite literally) and created gold mines like Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft etc.

Vast majority of my portfolio is rental properties which give me absolutely no heartaches compared to Magellan, and a couple of quality international stocks like Canadian bank ETFs, US index funds with covered calls for higher income, and quality bonds after they got smashed from monetary policy normalization. I make 5-8% from my yields and sleep, there's nothing to do - no awful monthly FUM reports to read, no children (Magellan management) to chide, limited capital losses because these are largely hard/stable assets.

Hope you rebound from this experience. Individual stock investing is really not for retail investors.
    Last edited by SaltyInvestor: 23/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.22
Change
-0.060(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.485B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.26 $8.29 $8.18 $4.299M 522.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 357 $8.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.23 595 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.