CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1171
    Hi @Chella

You are arguing a case for sentiment toward Magellan being or becoming positive. While there a million hypothetical cases you could put forward in addition to above, the appropriate measure for sentiment is FUM flow. Currently this is negative and seems to be getting worse.

If you did a blind test with some friends and family to show performance, fund strategy and see what fund people would invest in between the funds you mention above (Magellan, Platinum, Perpetual Global, GQG) and add Munro Partners, Hyperion, what result do you get? What do people select? Whatever they select will give you an indication of sentiment without any bias toward one fund manager. This will work out whether what you are saying above is true or not.

Another poster here may have another way to determine sentiment toward Fund Managers. GQG used an interesting measure - Evestment Viewership to show most views over 1 year. Does anyone know of a similar Australian measure?

I do hope for your sake that Magellan share price turns around at some point. I do believe the following is required before share price stabilises:
    1) No outflow (driven by lower fees)
    2) Restructured portfolio demonstrating improved returns (you could argue that they have aligned to the index at least, which is much better than the last year)

Best of Luck
    Lost
    Last edited by lost: updates 26/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.07
Change
0.050(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $1.800B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.08 $10.20 $10.03 $5.874M 581.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8254 $10.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.12 7247 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.