BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

re: Ann: Further details concerning AETD Asse... the same large...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,793 Posts.
    re: Ann: Further details concerning AETD Asse... the same large block of Beppa holders who were able to force this further concession (well, clear statement of a legal right actually), suggests these same large holders are planning to stick around for obtaining the very best value from these assets, and stick around in a manner where they keep BAM and every other bugger concerned honest

3 years is a long time and plenty of time to claw back plenty of value for these assets

now had Beppa still been able to be traded, this I hazard to guess, would have propelled another spike in the price, but with a record date of the 16th and no trading allowed until the 24th, Beppa holders who are to be converted now need to see how they can sell (should they choose) their interest in any upside leftovers of any AETD sale

for once the record date passes, two seperate interests are created - (and please correct me here if I am wrong) - an interest in the new BBI shares post conversion, and a seperate (and NOT dependent on the continued ownership of those new BBI shares) interest in any surplus post an AETD sale - let's call that the separate "surplus interest"

clearly a register of former Beppa holders will need to be maintained separate from other 'normal' BBI holders

the trick will be seeing how a former Beppa holder (as I will become) can get their name on that separate register changed for someone else's - that is, a process for being able to sell your ownership interest in any possible surplus - as I can't see any legal reason for blocking my right to sell this interest in any possible surplus funds, even though my present interest in any possible surplus is speculative at this moment in time - it is simply a real interest that can't be quantified presently, but which could upon crystalisation become quite valuable

so if I am correct about the above, there still remains further details to come that need to be reduced to very certain terms, for those of us who still hold Beppa

good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.