RED 6.41% 41.5¢ red 5 limited

Ann: Further outstanding results at King of the Hills, page-16

1. 5,183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3819
    The Philippines are at it again, this time with OGC.

I see they've rolled out the usual paid protestor groups. Wish we had some facial recognition software for identities, I bet there will be a few familiar faces.

The government has observed the rise in gold price, and now wants their alms, like some African states did, demanding 40% to 50% of the profits or threatening to shut down mines, or stop them from operating completely, like Kingsgate in Thailand - this is what happens if you don't agree to pay them more.

The government is nothing more than a Philippines Mafia, wanting Protection Money. It's blackmail and they are totally corrupt. They are not even acting on behalf of the country, because they skive off money into foreign bank accounts for themselves. The longer they are in power, the more money they make individually, and the best way to stay in power is to create a common enemy.

The OGC news is not good for those other gold companies operating in the Philippines, even if some of them have seen their share price rise recently, or companies who may want to sell mines and get out.

The question is, who is next on the Philippines government agenda, which other gold company?

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
0.025(6.41%)
Mkt cap ! $2.823B
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 41.8¢ 39.0¢ $7.076M 17.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 48036 41.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.5¢ 35276 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.