OAU 0.00% 0.5¢ ora gold limited

The good thing is they are finding gold all around the place,...

1. 120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    The good thing is they are finding gold all around the place, not quite enough to get the market excited or move the share price but it is there.

With all these deposits in the area I had a little read about the Super Pit, some interesting number to think about below! And yes it's a different geological landscape but interesting none the less.

------------
    In March 2014, just in time for the 25th anniversary of its formation, KCGM poured its 16 millionth ounce of gold. In the past 25 years KCGM has produced around 800,000 ounces of gold per year from a gold reserve of 8.8 million ounces, yielding an average of 2 grams per tonne.

The Fimiston Open Pit, at 3.5 kilometres long, 1.5 kilometres wide and more than 600 metres deep, draws thousands of tourists to the Goldfields each year. By the time its projected mine life ends in 2019, the Pit will reach a depth of around 700 metres.

The Kalgoorlie Goldfield is part of the Norseman-Wiluna Belt, a greenstone belt consisting of volcanic and sedimentary rocks and surrounded by extensive granite. These rocks all belong to the Archaean period of the Earth’s history and the goldfield is between 2.6 and 2.9 billion years old.

The Golden Mile lodes have several characteristic orientations, each with slight variations in the style of the mineralisation. More than 1,000 individual ore lodes occur within the Golden Mile, some extending up to 1,800 metres long, 1,200 metres deep and 10 metres wide. They are all within an area over five kilometres long, two kilometres wide and more than one kilometre deep. The highest gold grades are typically associated with gold tellurides and alteration minerals with high vanadium contents.

The Underground Mine gained a further two years mine life after the identification of the Hidden Secret ore body about 350 metres east of Mt Charlotte. The resource is currently estimated at 665,000 tonnes at 3.65 grams per tonne and will be mined at depths of between 215 and 440 metres below the surface.

Here's hoping..!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $2.593K 476K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 24112708 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 25452861 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.54pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.