TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

Well, I took a closer look at the quarterly report.Expenses are...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    Well, I took a closer look at the quarterly report.

Expenses are much higher than last quarter, from a run rate of 5m a quarter to now north of 9m in the last Q. This increase is entirely due to dramatically increased exploration expenditure. I do get the feeling that MT has wanted to do this exploration for a while, but held off for lack of security in the funding situation. He decided to pull the trigger last year.

At our current run rate, if the exploration continues to cost what it does (surely it must for at least 1 more quarter), we have 3.46 quarters of run rate remaining before Talga needs to get more money somehow.

We are all expecting an announcement of initial permitting, followed imminently by JV funding by the EU (200-250mil) and Mitsui (200-250m). MT seems to be counting on all of these things as well-- Talga's finances do not appear to have the wiggle room for error.

More than ever, Q2 2022 appears to be Talga's make or break quarter. I am as sure as I can be that permitting will be given a green light. Sweden, EU need us, the entire northern EU battery supply chain has a big graphite anode sized hole in it, with Talga as the most logical means of filling the void. Lulea, everything is seemingly being built as if the Talga pillar is already a solid part of the EU battery foundation. But, with all that said, if there were a delay for some reason, Talga would need money. I do not expect one, but that is a "worst case scenario" that has a greater than 1% chance of occurrence.

The uncertainty will gnaw upon (some) investors. The people who are right will make a killing.
    Last edited by helmdacil: 06/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.