BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I think we should not overlook the significance of Peter's...

1. 6,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2189
    I think we should not overlook the significance of Peter's words:

The title of this patent has been inherited from US 10,410,117 but would be better represented by the title of US 8,250,011 “Autonomous Learning Dynamic Artificial Neural Computing Device and Brain Inspired System.

I read this as a statement that this patent covers the essence of Peter's initial invention.

For those interested in the background of Akida, it is worth reading the specification of the 2008 patent application which is reproduced in :
    US2019012597A1 Method and A System for Creating Dynamic Neural Function Libraries

Extracts from the 2008 patent description:
    The mentioned networks are based upon antiquated models of biological neurons whereby the temporal character of activation patterns and the functions of feedback and inhibition are largely ignored. The model that is presented here removes these assumptions allowing the construction of adaptive autonomous learning neural networks.

One aspect of the present invention provides an improved neural network model that removes the above described assumptions and enables the network to autonomously learn to perform complex tasks. The present invention includes information processing systems and methods that are inspired by and are configured to extend certain aspects of a biological neural network. The combined functions of a plurality of synaptic circuits connected to a neuron soma circuit, jointly called an artificial neuron, correspond to biological synapses, and a neural soma, respectively. Construction of the artificial neuron array from standard binary logic gates, whereby analogue values are simulated in registers, has allowed the creation of large arrays in VLSI devices using current state of the art semiconductor manufacturing techniques. In an embodiment, the analogue values are simulated as multi bit values in registers.

Note that this original patent anticipated the use of multi-bit values (weights and activations) which were added in the revision of the Akida SoC design a year ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.