GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Galaxy is poised for the next 5-years to become profitable,...

1. 1,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Galaxy is poised for the next 5-years to become profitable, given the supply/demand metrics of lithium. I think the market is also waiting for the converters to increase their capacity, which seems to be easier said than done, rift with delays. Beyond 5 years, Galaxy is dependent on production from the higher grade of James Bay (which according to the local government document won't be operation till at least 2020) and SDV. Execution at SDV will be of paramount importance for the company, or they will face some increased competition from other producers. Mt Cat is unfortunately a low grade mine (one of Joe Lowry's earlier podcast had him also doubting the quality of the mine as well, often times struggling to give any real praise to the mine), that is producing at fortunate time, it isn't the long term response.

What is concerning: The BMW/SDV debacle, Galaxy needs to hire some solid PR people, because it's PR is shitty, given the multiple false rumors that are being reported, and they make no attempt whatsoever to correct or address the market. (3 times already, 1) selling equity in Jan 2) the panasonic rumors 3) BMW rumors) Proper PR is important, and for a guy who has TV experience (hollywood tony according to the Dean), it's extremely concerning. And it's sad because good PR builds investment confidence, and leads to higher valuations (due to positive market psychology). AT has done well, don't get me wrong, but this is my only criticism of management.

For now, I'm out, but I do plan to start a new position when the PR issues are addressed, and some direction towards SDV is given (including some of the infrastructure issues in Argentina, given that the location of SDV is in a relatively remote area) Remember, brine projects historically take a long time (just ask our neighbors at LAC (had to do a JV with SQM to execute, there is no shame in asking for help in a technically challenging project) or Orocobre ((5-20 years to get into actual production)). There are executional doubts, and if resources (time and money) are being put into SDV at the expense of JB, then there will be massive delays in production are valuations will be solely reliant on Mt. Cat (which is okay now, but will be disastrous in 5+ years)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.