JHC 0.00% $1.40 japara healthcare limited

The margin reduction seems to be a short-term reduction in govt...

1. 1,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The margin reduction seems to be a short-term reduction in govt supplements for payroll taxes and dementia. Stated on slide 3. The amount of supplement reduction accounts for full margin reduction. Also see:
    http://www.superiorcare.com.au/federal-election-2016-aged-care-funding-cuts/

Also need to offset short term effect of brownfield development, which reduced revenue equal to 50 spaces throughout fy16,although I suspect brownfield effects will be ongoing.

Meanwhile, jhc is growing the business (24% increase in places over next 2-3 years), adding revenue to existing places with new services, maintaining occupancy, shifting away from rad only income, apparently maintaining or (they claim) enhancing service and care, etc.

One possible issue is increased staff costs due to higher patient needs. I assume  the patient population is aging with higher life expectancy, which could affect service costs. Might rebalance with revenue in longer term.

You can't judge reporting results from the stock movement because the asx is infested by shorters and short attention span traders. I've seen stocks on reporting day soar, plummet,  and swing more than 5% each way on that day. And sure enough, big boys had highly leveraged borrowed stock poured into the market triggering stop losses and causing other mayhem that they profit from without contributing a penny of capital for the country's economic development.
    Last edited by stlamc: 22/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JHC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.