CAT 5.47% $2.12 catapult group international ltd

fair points by last 2 posts. i wonder who owns the data on...

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    fair points by last 2 posts.
    i wonder who owns the data on professional athletes gained through the catapult products during games and training.

i suspect the teams own their own player data, but if catapult had the right to sell the data this would be of large pitential marketable data.

eg one of the teams using catapult is the nba basketball team the golden state warriors. their star players are steph curry and kevin durant, both voted most valuable player, both multi all stars, both will go into hall of fame as all time superstars of the game.

so if catapult could sell their in-game and or training data then potwbtial markets could include:
    - video games to program more realistic player performance,
    - to the nba app for fans to view and compare player data
    - to tv networks for in game content for commentators and viewers
    - sports journalists and analysts to add depth to player and team analysis thus generating new content,
    - to coaches/ young players to learn how to change and optimise their training and performance to better emulate the superstars.

anyway my point is that i think there is huge potential value in having the data of the worlds leading athletes and teams, but im not sure who owbs that data and whether catapult could negotiate ownership to an extent in order to extract earnings from it.

im not too fussed about the high ev/ebitda ratio as there has been a lot of m&a, capitalised r&d and expansion into news markets which is not incorporated into ebitda valuation but will flow through to increased revenue and profit over the next 2-3 years.

catapult has a unique market leading opportunity and if they can execute a couple more league wide deals for their products and revenue-generating deals for in-game live player data feeds, then this should drive a step change in revenue in addition to playertek amateur sales growth and catapult professional product subscription growth.

i predict revenue, ebitda and ebitda margins will improve substantially by 2019fy, but fy2018 will still be a year of investment and development to det up for the medium term growth rather than a year of significant ebitda growth.

i hope it doesnt go as low as $1 or less, but i wont add any more to my portfolio for now because despute being undervalued, it will almost certainly drift lower towards $1 until revenue/ ebitda growth shifts sentiment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.12
Change
0.110(5.47%)
Mkt cap ! $554.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.99 $2.13 $1.95 $1.798M 867.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5830 $2.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.12 5962 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.