APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

@ValueTrader82 I encourage you to look at the financials more...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    @ValueTrader82
    I encourage you to look at the financials more closely and see for yourself what you think (and try to specifically ignore your industry biases to see if there is a chance that you have it wrong- it could be profitable for you given the time you have already invested looking at this).

You can work out just about everything you need to make an informed judgment about valuation with the currently published data (I agree that you couldn't before), including the equity/debt split, the headroom on the facilities, the bad debt risk etc.

I agree with you in principle that the big money is often made before some of these vehicles list and that most IPOs in this sort of space are massively overvalued. BUT there are exceptions (e.g. Facebook) and this may very well prove to be one of them (the jury is still well and truly out and it will take a couple of years to know). Fundamentally, to achieve a superior return in the market, the market has to misprice companies. In today's day and age the mispricing is not done on the finely tuned quants- but rather on the assumptions that underlie the valuations- and I would encourage you to question yours.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.