APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

I must say, this stock can generate some serious appreciation...

1. 656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I must say, this stock can generate some serious appreciation off the back of hype... As I said before, thats what sells market cap... whether it retains that over time is a difference story... but massive credit to APT for being able to get to literally a 50x revenue valuation...

This valuation is literally 5x more aggressive than even the likes of Atlassian - Global Fast growing SAAS, $600m+ USD revenue... $7bn odd cap, so call it 12 times ...

Its market cap is more than double that of the whole of Ondecks hahaha - and that does $250m revenue... although back in its day, it was a few billion, until they and the world worked out how crappy their credit-tech is... which all comes out in the wash ... ahhem @AllFuelledUp

Also far more aggressive than Klarna, or Affirm, who would have been valued at $100-$200m at the same grow phase in their life... ie 1-2x book, not 10x book.. oh and they did have entree into a far larger market(s).

But the cherry on top for me is @AllFuelledUp and @dubspec ... that an Australian online laybuy business is now vastly more expensive than Snap - the mother of over valuations ( sure APT doesnt burn the truckloads of money, but its also not a global social media phenomenon...) ... $800m revenue, $16bn cap... only 20x revenue.

Big big shoes to fill indeed!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.