SHJ 2.33% 66.0¢ shine justice ltd

I'm a little confused. I suppose you are drawing a distinction...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I'm a little confused. I suppose you are drawing a distinction between being "anarchist inclined" and being an "anarchist". I think I understand what you mean by this though this does not really fit with labelling yourself a conservative since anarchism is a radical progressive position. I suppose that you just mean that you are inclined towards small government and perhaps slow progression towards this position.

I don't criticise you for not following Buffet and I would not characterise myself as "following" him. But i would criticise the rejection of a valid claim based only on your evaluation of the character of the person making the claim since this is basically just ad hominem. Similarly I would criticise the acceptance of an invalid claim by the same criteria.
    I will say that much of the "home spun" persona of Buffett and Munger likely boils down to savvy public relations - to some degree it is probably a front. However, to me whether he is a good person or not is irrelevant to the truth value of any claims he makes.
    I don't recall advocating for either of these positions. There are limited cases where welfare is justified (and downsides to this as well) however I know of no one who advocates for corporate control of the government. Heck I don't even think Ayn Rand would advocate for this and she's the most pro-business philosopher i can think of off hand.

Regarding shorting: you make a good point that periods of expansive growth and bull markets are the time when there are more opportunities for shorts and fewer opportunities for longs. Its also true that for a short you have the opportunity to gain a timing advantage over the market as you can uncover negative information that the optimistic longs are not looking for and sometimes control the release of said information.

But these advantages do not negate the problems with the basic economics of shorting. At the extremes these are the limitation on upside and the possible unlimited downside (which are inverted for longs - a limited downside and an unlimited possible upside).

Of course you can make money as a shorter but you should go in with you eyes open as to the comparative risks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.015(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $114.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
65.0¢ 66.0¢ 65.0¢ $1.531K 2.344K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1515 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
67.5¢ 9399 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.