SHJ 4.55% 69.0¢ shine justice ltd

Ann: FY18 Half Year Results Announcement Date, page-73

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    Thanks Macherry, excellent post. This aligns with how I understand the company, though you explain it far better than I could.

Regarding Buffett, I have seen the movie you mentioned and from memory it has a favourable bias towards the man. I certainly wouldn't call him a terrible person (I don't know the guy beyond the public persona) however I would say that the charitable image he is projecting now is a little misleading. The calculus of someone in Buffett's position is somewhat different to what it is for us mere mortals.

Firstly he is 87 and is looking at his legacy and perception of his image. Second my understanding is that he is giving away not money but shares in his company and he still has functional control over the investments those shares represent and all reinvested profits (Berkshire does not pay out dividends). Third the bulk of his donation will probably occur after his death. Buffett has peculiar views on bequeathing money to his children and this does not appear to be a priority for him.

So looked at from his perspective there is little downside to the donation and much upside in terms of public perception and legacy. Buffett seems to have become very good at public relations as someone in his position would generally draw quite a bit of public mistrust and he has done a very good job mitigating that.

I don't think any of this makes him either a good or bad person... just a very intelligent one. That being said if there's public good that comes of the donation then so much the better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.0¢
Change
0.030(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $119.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.0¢ 69.0¢ 69.0¢ $6.485K 9.399K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 242943 69.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.0¢ 19641 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.