HSO 0.00% $2.46 healthscope limited.

"Given Australias super have 14%, (and I know it is somewhat...

1. 16,405 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7965
    "Given Australias super have 14%, (and I know it is somewhat academic) but what do you suspect the chances of this proceeding are given the relatively moderate premium being offered?"

I don't know; with these sorts of dramatic developments, I usually need a few days' reflection and contemplation in order to distil a clear view in my mind's eye.

Ordinarily, in this sort of situation - when a company is under-performing, and it is not clear that the under-performance is going to reverse, and when its management and directors don't have the unequivocal support of shareholders - I'd say that shareholders would force the directors to recommend acceptance.
    (Especially when, knowing how they think and behave, some institutional investors who own HSO shares might be in need of a quick source of short-term ALPHA to boost their full-year performance numbers, given how volatile markets have been in recent months. In my experience, even institutional investors with a mantra of being long-term investors, struggle to turn down a quick and easy boost to investment performance when they need it.)

But in this case, because the acquisition proposal from the consortium is so condition-riddled, I think it will be very difficult for the HSO directors to recommend acceptance, even if they are hard-pushed to do so by the company's shareholders who may be after a quick gain.

I suspect the HSO Board is going to find itself in an increasingly invidious position as this development runs its course.

"I was hoping to see the northern beaches hospital start kicking up eps in the years to come."

As it happens, I drive past the Northern Beaches Hospital an many days of the week, and it is looking very well-progressed; certainly more than ready to be commissioned before the October 2018 scheduled opening date given they are busy with preparing the grounds for the gardens.
    (Not that I think the Northern Beaches Hospital is going to be the panacea to HSO's operating woes, given its reportedly-stringent performance KPI's)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HSO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.