NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Ann: FY20 Full Year Results Briefing Book, page-16

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    The Div play would explain today's re balancing with NCM down and EVN up. Of course I expect both to go up
    The Div is too small imo, however they large amount of assets might require cash reserves to pay for options and farm ins.

Had a good read of the marketing material.
    Pros:
    Page 29. Getting into Molybdenum!
    Page 27. Cadia stage 2 feasibility study to increase recovery rates by adding Jamesion flotation Cell, cyclones etc. expected to go to to 80%.
    Page 24. Very long life reserves, but are they too long? Super funds would see a life of several decades very favorably.
    Cons:
    Page 57. I didn't realize we had got into potentially politically unstable countries such as Chile, Mexico and PNG. An issue overseas could cause issues.
    Chile and Mexico are options / farm-ins which could result in lower safety standards than I require.

Pages 34, 35, 52. I guess it's PNG we are planning to dump tailings into the ocean? How much money are we going to be making from polluting the ocean? PNG have always had problems with miners polluting rivers, but I don't see the ocean as an acceptable solution.

Page 70. Currency instability is what 2020 is all about and may go on for years, I see potential issues around this but I don't see any currency hedging, perhaps it's not needed yet. The example I use is when Orocobre (lowest cost lithium miner) changed their reporting currency from USD to local Chile currency and due to wild swings in exchange rates made a loss in 2012 or so.

There seems to be every kind of gold mining possible apart from deep ocean gold mining. That is probably required for a long life reserve that produces a lot. Are there plans for world domination I missed?
    Last edited by Dude1: 14/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.