NHF 1.84% $7.47 nib holdings limited

"But whether or not private health care exists is not germane to...

1. 3,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    "But whether or not private health care exists is not germane to that outworking."

Agreed

"The quality of public healthcare is mutually exclusive with the existence, state or quality of private healthcare."

Agreed

"In fact, a vibrant and viable private sector has the effect of taking pressure off the public system, does it not?"

Agreed

"So, again, the point you are making is lost on me as I don't see being at all relevant to the concept or merit of private health insurance."

I am not questioning the concept or merit of private health insurance. It is a vitally important element to a balanced healthcare system.

What I am questioning is this.....

How did America end up with a healthcare system with no medicare safety net and no public hospitals? A woefully unbalanced system. A system where if you cannot afford health insurance, you are basically rooted if you get crook. Why is there such resistance over there to introduce universal health care to look after the most vulnerable? Why?

Back to your first post on this thread...

"As a shareholder over many years, the sustainability of regulated premium hikes in line with, and sometimes above, claims increases was always something that niggled in the back of my mind."

Why did it niggle at you?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.47
Change
0.135(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $3.621B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.37 $7.48 $7.35 $3.227M 435.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1977 $7.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.47 3379 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.55pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.49
  Change
0.135 ( 1.99 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.35 $7.49 $7.35 88726
Last updated 14.15pm 17/06/2024 ?
NHF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.