AMA 1.85% 5.3¢ ama group limited

Ann: FY20 Results Presentation, page-25

1. 581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Hails an interesting one. 17 in melb,18th syd,19 in act. we have had 3 x 1/50 year storm events in a row. whens the next one? this year? or 7 years time?
    Repair hub don't have to price compete with AMA. IAG just move work from AMA to their own shops. I'm not sure where these new acquistions are going to come from, all the first tier shops have largely been sucked up. there are a few around, but not enough to compensate for the loss on volumes?
    My uneducated opinion is they will not get close to the magical BILLION ,they love to sprook about, for many years.. they claimed to be there this year and fell short by 120 odd million. lets see how close I am in 3 years time.
    Squeezing the little blokes? That happened 7-10 years ago when S.M.A.R.T. and GEMINI entered the industry, We've already adapted, there is no more squeezing AMA can do. (Seriously) . Within the golden triangle of service, cycle time & price. The little blokes can smash the big blokes with service and cycle time and not everyone is fixated on price to the micro.
    I'm not sure how they will turn a company around that lost about 100 mill, and air brushed it down to a 70 mill or 50 mill loss. They have to stop the rot ( and its not COVID rot) level out and then rebuild. Losing the 2 x Ray's and 1 or 2 key ppl during the year is showing up the lack of skills with the next tier of management. ( I've said before that Andy cant do it alone)
    Following NATIONWIDE in UK (their largest smash repair MSO with over 130 odd sites) offers some insights into AMA's possible future. thanks for the chat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.