EOS 3.92% $1.60 electro optic systems holdings limited

the key learning here is- when buying falling knifes, ALWAYS...

1. 2,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 529
    the key learning here is- when buying falling knifes, ALWAYS have spare capital to deploy and almost never, unless the price moves down in a capitulation like manner, buy on the same day. patience is key when investing in a stock thats down almost 85%- and for some reason i like these type of opportunities. but one must be careful not to over do it. i was down almost 20k on sezzle just to come out with just over 5k in profit, and it was grueling to do it but i also moved with the price.

the reality is- its so hard to know exactly what is going to happen with a stock. there are many signs though that some can follow. for example, reading the devastating position that some people find themselves in with 40-50% plus type losses, well hindsight is always the warren buffet of investing but the sharp increase in short positions around june 2020 i think would have been a sign for active investors and traders to at the very least ask questions around the valuation moving forward.

im not an investor with eos, more of a trader. but i always look into the business to make sure bankruptcy is not imminent. sometimes thats hard to pick. however, if i was an investor here, i would really be looking at certain criteria here at this point in time- improving metrics from a financial perspective (yes IMO), growth prospects and speculative interest (yes IMO given national security increases in expenditure, such as Germany increasing their defence expenditure by double), and of course a huge factor being management and leadership (this one i cant really answer very well being that a lot of posters see them as inept, yet management was thrown in a serious shit storm when covid hit- delay in contract winnings, supply chain issues, restricted access to human and financial capital, etc).

i think given the current environment, we should see accelerated movement in government decision making with regards to military expenditure. the west has dragged their feet long enough with regards to their military, and so now starts a new time period where expenditure will match this pivot. will EOS be positioned to really capitalise in this market? well im betting that it will but people here would know much more with regards to the capability potential of eos products. i still think though that this will be a tide that raises all boats exposed to defence, and thus is the main driver for my punt here. did i pick the right one with eos? well, being that they hit the lowest point since may 2016, this trash could be another mans treasure.

like someone said here before, if there is any whiff of strength here given some of the stuff ive mentioned, then shorts could be on the brink of readjustment. fact is, they were spot on. they predicted an outcome and they won. let them make their tons of money at the expense of the eos die hard fans. on that note, i do believe we have shorter movement today and hence the volume. when will their move end? well who knows but i will assume 850K shorts closed as of this stage. that equaled a move from 1.725 to 1.805. it will only take ONE institutional house to make the shorter chase and then we can finally breed some positive momentum into the share price.

this is all imo and dyor as i have NFI what im talking about.

gltah

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.60
Change
-0.065(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $307.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.70 $1.70 $1.57 $2.037M 1.270M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $1.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 2659 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.