ALL 1.26% $57.35 aristocrat leisure limited

I don't know (and nor does anyone else) what percentage of ALL's...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    I don't know (and nor does anyone else) what percentage of ALL's revenue is dependent on problem gamblers spending more than they can afford. I would think it's small, but there's no way to know. There are some who think that anyone who gambles has a problem, but I don't think that's the case. As we've discussed before on this forum, there are many people who enjoy a glass of wine but you wouldn't call them alcoholics. Likewise, there are people who like gambling and regularly indulge – lottery tickets, horse races, the stock market, whatever – and are not addicts.

NSW (and even the whole of Australia) form a relatively small part of ALL's total revenue. In terms of the company's global presence and market cap, it's really stretching things to a silly point to think that what happens in this state is going to have a major impact. Of course, no company can afford to overlook any problem in case it becomes the spark that lights the fire. But I don't think ALL is in trouble now, nor will be in the future, due to what's going on in NSW.

As @JoeGambler points out, ALL's big revenue stream comes from USA, where online real-money gambling is the big ticket. ALL is well-placed to take advantage of that... although I stand by my thinking that interest rates, recession and regulation are ongoing concerns for ALL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.