ASB 0.42% $2.38 austal limited

If the SP is belted this morning- then it would be more likely...

1. 3,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    If the SP is belted this morning- then it would be more likely than not that the belting will continue for a second day. That is based on my own limited observations and not on any close reading of peer reviewed literature. Other than to add, that post earnings announcement price movements have been found to have effect up to several months. But do your own research.

I have made the mistake of buying too many shares when 'averaging down'. So far, mug luck, this has only been to my detriment once- with a manageable loss on that occasion- but common sense tells me that one day I could really get burnt. Planning to average down here- but hope to keep a lid on it.

This would make a great investment, IMHO, if we are confident that the TATs disaster was a once off and that subsequent contracts are safe.

Otherwise, ASB is running off mature highly profitable projects and replacing them with projects that should be less profitable at the start but more profitable thereafter. So, I would expect revenue and profits to be constrained for a season. Holding at a good price now could pay really well down the track- perhaps.

IMHO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.38
Change
0.010(0.42%)
Mkt cap ! $862.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.41 $2.36 $1.149M 481.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6415 $2.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.39 4404 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.