AX1 0.42% $2.36 accent group limited

Ann: FY21 Full Year Results Announcement, page-21

1. 3,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Well i have now had a peruse thru the Annual Report.
    I am a member of Motley Fool and i watched a webcast of theirs last week and they stated that investors need to compare this years results to that of 2019 for an accurate comparison due to the Covid effect in 2020.
    So looking at those figures we see the NPAT of $53.9 million in 2019 to 2020 of $76.9 million, and Accent Group sales (company owned) in 2019 they stood at $772.5 million to now in 2021 of $1,138.2 million.
    So in my opinion the results are outstanding, however Accent for some reason, which as usual they don't explain they have decided to cut our final dividend from $0.04 last year to $0.0325 this year.
    The only reason their stated dividend has grown is in fact due to the $0.08 Interin dividend earlier this year, they make no mention that in fact it is down on what they paid last year!
    Early this week i sent an email to the company pointing out my concerns re the substantial fall in the company's share price along with a dramatic increase in the trading volume of our securities over the period of last week and this week.
    I also pointed out that i would be extremely disappointed in the company if that unusual trading pattern was born out when our results were released as i was concerned that confidential information had been acessed by someone.
    Going on what has now been released last night and the market reaction to our results, in particular the 20% roughly cut to our dividend it would appear that my concerns were justified.
    I might add in closing that as usual the company has failed to respond to my email.
    Finally i intend on holding Accent for the long term as their results year to year keep improving and management have done a great job apart from their lack of communication at times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AX1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.