NTD 2.27% 45.0¢ ntaw holdings limited

Ann: FY21 Investor Presentation, page-25

1. 10,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1383
    While I worry about the reaction of idiot Premiers and catastrophist unelected cheif health officers to the certainty that COVID-19 deaths and 'cases' will occur in the hermit states' of WA/Queensland/SA and Tassie, plus the terrible track record of Daniel Andrews in imposing costly lockdowns in 'Locktoria', perhaps the commencement of an uptick in the NTD price is due to NSW's new Premier 'the Dominator' showing the way to a business-friendly environment in our most populous state?

SteveSge, while I am as keen as anyone to go overseas and I won't be holidaying in expensive, poor value Oz (as I've been to every state/territory numerous times), I agree re pent-up demand from those who love 4WDs and road holidays.

There are a few factors that may suppress demand for overseas travel:

(a) differing requirements for quarantine
    (b) some locations such as Singapore have draconian, time-consuming requirements for COVID-19 testing, adding $1000 per person to the cost of a holiday, visiting friends and relatives or business trip
    (c) if one is in a group or even just travelling with another businessman, and one person 'gets' this novel coronavirus, then all in the group may be stranded overseas as an airline is unlikely to allow the rest of the group to board, and the question may be academic as all may be forced back into quarantine overseas
    (d) fewer international airlines are likely in the short and possibly the medium term to fly to Oz, as they've reallocated assets elsewhere for better returns
    (e) QAN (contrary to the hype in the media) is NOT the 'airline of choice' for the majority of us: it and subsidiary Jetstar have only a typical 33 per cent share, if that, of overseas departing and arriving passengers, but if it increases its share due to fewer competitors, fares will stay much higher than would otherwise be the case. (I always fly Asian airlines like China Airlines of Taiwan, Japan, Philippine, Singapore: all have terrific on-board service, and China Airlines and Philippine Airlines in particular have great business class fares to say 'beyond Manila' or 'beyond Taipei'.
    (f) if one is stranded overseas, an employer's reaction back home could be eyebrow-raising as to why little Johnny or Julie isn't back at their desk or on the factory floor when scheduled
    (g) whether we need 'booster shots' is an open question
    (h) some may be worried various Australian states may again deny entry to overseas travellers, and do so at very short notice.

All these concerns are on balance a positive for NTD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.010(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $60.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 45.0¢ 43.5¢ $12.58K 28.81K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2689 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 58807 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
44.0¢ 45.0¢ 44.0¢ 10100
Last updated 15.52pm 14/06/2024 ?
NTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.