MWY 0.00% 70.0¢ midway limited

Investor presentation was 2pm, not 11am - I was on hold for...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Investor presentation was 2pm, not 11am - I was on hold for 3hours! j/k

First, their growth CAPEX is massive. They have $9m being invested in Tasmania's Bell Bay upgrades which will be in the next 24 months (July 2023). In addition they have plans (if approved) to invest $15m for the graincorp terminal in Geelong - I don't personally like this one. If you add in the $4m p/a maintenance CAPEX, then we're talking around $32m over the next two years in cash flow for investing. That compares with the $5.5m this year and $4m the year before. Part of the way this will be funded is through the sale of the 'north of Melbourne' land - they already have $2.9m coming in FY22 for a $3.2m that was booked in FY21; and they have another $20m over the next 4-5years they plan on selling. But still, there's around $25m shortfall in cash flow for financing that will need to come from operations (read: instead of dividends) and financing (read: increased debt).

Second, they are sitting on $99m of plantation land (increased by $11m this year). They have been talking for over 3yrs of selling it, managing it on behalf of the buyer, and maintaining the offtake arrangements to secure ~20% of their supply. Unfortunately this does not seem to have progressed. Around 30mins of the 45mins conference call were people pushing the point: sell the land, go capital light, close the discount of share price to NTA (around 35% at the moment).

Finally, my calculations are that if the volumes hold up (+25%) as planned - which I think they should because most of the supply agreements are in place - and if the pricing holds up (+5%) - which I think they should based on woodchip futures price being pretty stable and increasing demand coming through - then we should see around +$25-30m in cash flow from operations once you factor in additional costs etc. Freight costs could weigh a bit on that as bulk commodities shipping costs are increasing. We will see this REALLY clearly in 1H22 results if it's real or not - sure some volume may be stacked towards 2H due to Tasmania's increase for example, but pricing is already in place for Japan and much of China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MWY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.