LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

I do not Like China I am afraid of them. I actually think they...

1. 7,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    I do not Like China I am afraid of them. I actually think they are more of a threat than Russia right now.
    Now from a business point of view what have they done wrong? Many point to the raising of quotas as an action to keep down prices and hurt Lynas? Yesterday AL talked to us about all the things Lynas is doing to raise production to be more profitable. What is China doing that is different?. Prices right now are still above long term averages is it not a good business practice to produce more? Is that not what Lynas is trying to do?

I still feel China needs Lynas. If Lynas crashed Companies would move to alternatives to REE Perm magnets. JMO but looking back a decade this would hurt China far more than the business Lynas takes. Look at MP. China gave them a very sweet Take or pay deal for their concentrate. with no penalties to MP is they do not Deliver. Before you say China owns them take a careful look at what has happened in last 3 years, Most of the Chinese stock was sold in a SPO to meet US gov requirements.

All this Reminds me of a staff meeting I was in when I first made VP. We were discussing a major move by a competitor that was going to hurt us.
    At some point I said something to the affect that the competitor was realy out to get us. Next day I was invited to Lunch by our CEO. He carefully explained to me never think your competitor is doing anything just to hurt you. Always figure out what they are trying to do to obtain an advantage,. You will develop much better plans to counter their actions. I have used that advice many times in my life. Even bringing up children I found that if I did not take their misbehavior personally but examined what was happening, I came up with far better solutions. My kids are in their 40s now but when something happens I still try to remember the advice. They are great children and grandchildren.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.