WSI 0.00% 13.0¢ weststar industrial limited

Hi Dan, my understanding of the report is that they received...

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Hi Dan, my understanding of the report is that they received JobKeeper and listed the two amounts separately since they are offsetting different figures in the report. The COGS includes the blue collar workforce (most employee wages) whereas employee wages and salaries is a subset of administrative expenses (probably just the white collar workforce). Unfortunately the company never disclosed anything in any announcement, quarterly, half yearly report, prelim report, etc. so we have no idea how they were eligible or when and for who they claimed it! The auditors picked it up and made them disclose in a note in the audited annual report IMO. Since it substantially worsens the EBITDA/NPAT I personally think they were very dodgy not to disclose it earlier. The quarterlies showed the Cash Flow Boost figure (immaterial) but deliberately hid the JobKeeper numbers (material) IMO. So, all in all, this makes me even more cautious when analysing the company for investment as they have a poor track record of disclosure and profitability. There are some other concerning things in the annual report IMO that weren’t disclosed but they probably have no bearing on future performance so I won’t bring them up. Cheers for your friendly demeanour, it’s a nice change so I couldn’t not respond!
    Last edited by Waldo777: 20/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 151456 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 150000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WSI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.