BET 2.13% 9.6¢ betmakers technology group ltd

From Live Wire Betmakers (ASX: BET)Ally Selby: Okay. Next up...

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    From Live Wire

Betmakers (ASX: BET)

Ally Selby: Okay. Next up today, we have Betmakers. It has a short interest of 12.10%. Ben, staying with you, is it a buy, hold, or sell?

Ben Clark (BUY): I think this might be a buy. We've just seen a really bullish update from Flutter in the UK, which is the world's largest sports betting company. What prompted that was that the US sports betting market, which we know has been legalising and opening up, looks like it's now hit a tipping point. It's got at least a decade's growth to go. There was a bit of a scramble amongst the players before we saw these reactions in the market, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that coming through again. Betmakers are profitable. It doesn't trade on a crazy PE for a fast-growing small-cap tech stock. So I'd go buy.

Ally Selby: Okay. Its share price has fallen around 49% YTD, but over the past two months, it's really been soaring. Over to you, Henry. Is it a buy, hold, or sell?

Henry Jennings (BUY): I'm going to agree with Ben, I think this one's a buy. I think it has got a good pedigree, as Ben says, in terms of the management, Matthew Tripp. Also, Tom Waterhouse is involved as well, so that's pretty good pedigree there. As Ben says, the US has reached a tipping point on sports betting, and there's been a lot of money spent on land grabs and everyone trying to get their share of the market. The good thing about Betmakers is it's kind of agnostic. It's the platform, the picks-and-shovels, which has worked for many people in the past.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BET (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
0.002(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $90.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.4¢ 9.6¢ 9.4¢ $5.059K 52.72K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 174773 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 704 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.13am 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.5¢
  Change
0.002 ( 1.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.5¢ 9.5¢ 9.5¢ 10863
Last updated 10.38am 06/06/2024 ?
BET (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.