PNV 0.38% $2.64 polynovo limited

Ann: FY22 Results Presentation, page-404

1. 7,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6934
    "Can you justify with numbers how "earnings missed expectations a bit" please.

I read a lot of statements here but I don't see any numbers supporting those statements."

Here's some numbers for you, a 35% drop in two days following earnings? Bit of a give away?

Unless you have your head under a rock, you would surely agree Bloomberg the best source for consensus on earnings? Now not everyone has Bloomberg access, so luckily the AFR reported it for you:

"Analysts had been expecting PolyNovo to achieve positive earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of $1.6 million, according to Bloomberg, but PolyNovo banked a loss of $800,000."

Its fine to question things kickit2me, or not even know what the analysts consensus was, but wasting everyone's time contesting it when you don't even do basic research on it. For the 812th time, the earnings were good in my opinion and just failed to meet consensus expectationis - I am not saying they aren't by at least trying to explain why the stock you held has fallen 35% on earnings, when you, like so many others on here it seems, either don't have a clue or are in complete denial. Again, even simply reading Hot Copper posts, the majority of (retail) posters on here were expecting positive cash flow and perhaps a small profit. Any holder who thinks these results met expectations has his/her/their head in the sand.

One more time, to keep you happy, all things equal, even if PNV continued to aggresively grow costs at 30% for 2023, and revenue growth etc matched this year, they'd flip the result in 2023 to a profit. CR fears are unfounded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.