ALC 23.2% 6.9¢ alcidion group limited

I might be in the minority here but that ESG discussion, in my...

1. 835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1715
    I might be in the minority here but that ESG discussion, in my humble opinion, is one that is needed.

As much as we want the board/management to focus primarily on delivering wealth for us, they also have other considerations. The annual report clearly states that the ESG framework has been developed following a materiality assessment to determine what is important to Alcidion's internal and external stakeholders. In other words, this cannot be view simply as a brain fart idea by the chairperson/board.

As a relatively minor in the space, Alcidion simply cannot compete on wages. This was made clear by Kate in the webinar that Alcidion continuously benchmark the market and pay their employees the median wage. If you can't compete on wage, you can only compete on the non-financial aspects, including making sure the company's values reflect the broad church of its employees' values, development, sustainability action etc.

I also know that there has also been in the gradual shift in assessment criteria of some procurement process. ESG increasingly matters. Companies are increasingly reluctant to do business with others perceived to have incompatible values - for example, maximising profit at the expense of others through unconscionable conduct.

For the reasons above, I actually think ESG is not only the right thing to do but also one that makes absolute business sense in today's world.

The focus from here really should be on holding the company to account to make sure they set specific and measurable targets against KPIs for material ESG aspects, and driving desired behaviours by embedding performance against these targets in executive and management remuneration.

Not just fancy words and pictures in their publications but actually be held accountable for delivering it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.013(23.2%)
Mkt cap ! $92.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 7.1¢ 5.5¢ $570.3K 8.840M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100394 6.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.5¢
  Change
0.013 ( 16.1 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.5¢ 7.1¢ 5.5¢ 2505773
Last updated 15.54pm 03/05/2024 ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.