ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    First I am not buying many companies right now Market is in turmoil not a great time. I have bought and am still buying 1 to 2 year Structured notes primarily on indexes. These are doing great. A quick explanation is as follows but if you have any interest at all research it. I will describe the most recent one I bought on S&P 500. If S&P goes down less than 20% your investment is returned. If it goes down more than 20 % then your investment is reduced 1% for every 1% below 20 % of drop. If S&P goes up it returns 2 % for every 1 % it increases. These were one year notes. You can get out but it will cost a lot. when I was offered these about 10 years ago I said it "could not be true". The way they do it is they hold cash in reserve and use computers to do fast intensive trading in Puts and Calls. There are also Structured notes that work the same way but are optimized for the down side. Have used them but right now everything is on up side.

For short term money. I may need in near future, I have started buying Treasuries. This is first time I have ever bought these, but they are working well as a place to park idle Money.

I know i did not answer your question, but this is best I can do. Simple reason I am not looking to buy stocks right now so telling you 5 would not represent what I believe. I am an Investor. that can include stocks but that is not my primary focus.

Here are my top 5 holdings not saying I would buy these now a couple I am selling covered CALLS on just to increase cash flow. Yes with covered calls i could lose the stock so i am always careful to make sure the date and price will make me happy. I have multiple stocks, like Lynas, that I realy want to buy, I have set conditions on them and until they are met, I will stay away.

NBGIX
    GOOGL
    IBB
    AMZN
    VOOV
    RTX

I am 73, I retired at 55 with no pension. My only criteria on my investing is that I can do everything I want give away some money and have money left for children and grandchildren when I die. Right now my portfolio is bigger than it was 18 years ago, so I am very happy. I use a full-service broker. It is very hard to find a good one. I have and he is worth every penny I pay. I think I went through 10 or more before I found Steve. Been with Steve for over 25 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.