LOV 1.38% $35.67 lovisa holdings limited

"locked in a profit long from a 19.5 entry and currently just...

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    I too listened in and came to the same conclusion as yourself. I laughed when one of the analysts asked the question about "what is Lovisa's target in new store openings?" The response was "that we don't have one". I heard crickets for a short while.
    Honestly, they're opening in new global markets. In FY2022, they had a total of 629 operating stores and now they have a total of 801 having opened 210 new stores and closing 31 and relocating 7.
    I shut my eyes and accumulated more today. The beauty of being a retail numb-scull investor like myself is that I've got time on my side.
    Near my computer, I have the following comments made by Shane Oliver:
    * Periodic and often sharp setbacks in shares are normal
    * When shares and other investments fall in value, they are cheaper and offer higher long term return prospects
    * During periods of uncertainty, when negative news reaches fever pitch, it makes sense to turn down the noise and stick to an appropriate long term investment strategy

"locked in a profit long from a 19.5 entry and currently just locked in a 5% profit on the short side going full margin short." - Price at posting $20.54 (Not Held)

Including your brokerage fees, Capital Gains Tax payable and no entitlement to dividend payment - how's that all worked out for you?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.