CWP 0.62% $4.88 cedar woods properties limited

Ann: FY23 Full Year Results Presentation, page-3

1. 266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-qld/greville-wooloowin-development-in-brisbanes-inner-suburb-at-centre-of-18m-lawsuit-over-asbestos-discovery/news-story/256187097656b7eb69900592c8ed9d5f#:~:text=In%20the%20claim%20filed%20in,on%20the%20site%20in%202021.

Here is the story regarding Cedar Woods suing their consultants. Wow not a good look.

Also why did Cedar Woods not inform shareholders that Asbestos was found at Greville and thats why construction had to stop? Why did they say it was due to construction costs only? Bit of deception to say the least!!!!

Again smoke and mirrors from management to shareholders... i wonder what else happens behind this company that isnt known? Or they are trying to sweep under the carpet?

I wonder if the lose in the costs noted in the article have been factored into the project and company profits? Has the company written down the project as it says there are massive loses by the company on this project??? Why wouldnt it be written down then??

Sounds like a long drawn out court process with very slim chance CWP will be successful (well for the full amount of $18m they are claiming anyway).

Would hate to be a consultant to Cedar Woods if they just sue them all the time

I think management need to provide an explanation to shareholders - this is obviously a substantial amount of money to write down and/or claim if a court case is successful. They should also provide an update on Greville and if it will ever be developed and progress of the project...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.