ECF 3.08% 63.0¢ elanor commercial property fund

I had a lookat your posts to get a sense of your interest in...

1. 438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    I had a lookat your posts to get a sense of your interest in REITs and found your posts to be very good, gave me some good ideas. My impression is that you've identified both REITs and old-school media as two out of favour sectors that are providing good yield and value at current prices (oversold), but also waiting on sidelines as prices may go lower. This makes sense to me and if had a several year time horizon and patience think this is a good strategy and you will do well.

The mentions you've made of family office money caught my eye, as I think it is nuts that if you had family offfice money you wouldn't just index invest (to see the challenges of an active approach that seems sensible with a good value focus and limited downside but indeed turns out to be very susceptible to large losses see Charlie Kingston's blog- https://cskcapital.substack.com/).

FWIW I entered ECF with a small position after asset sale on thesis that high yield and fairly safe gearing levels/covenants (with the exception of 19 Harris St where it would probably be good to exit but management would not fess up to owning this mistake) should have seen them rerate higher into the last set of results, but that didn't prove the case. I think it's a decent investment but agree not necessarily the best of the REITs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
63.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.08%)
Mkt cap ! $199.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
65.3¢ 66.0¢ 62.0¢ $1.183M 1.874M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 63582 62.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
63.5¢ 2940 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.