BPT 0.00% $1.28 beach energy limited

Ann: FY24 Fourth Quarter Activities Report, page-17

1. 4,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Wow! So expensive oil and a crappy economy is the way to go?

I agree POO will most likely be cheaper but I think a good economy and a stable global environment far outweighs any imperative to have higher oil prices for longer.

In any event where do you think the POO will go to. Putting aside over/under supply issues, if Trump does win, which I most fervently hope and believe he will, I don't expect that the price will fall much maybe 10 - 15 percent - that's all he needs to be successful. If WTI oil drops much below $70 and definitely below $60 you'll start seeing gross fluctuations in the Baker Hughes - oil wells up/ oil wells down. The last lot of inflation has put a floor under the POO and we would need to consider what might happen in a deflationary environment. Deflation might sound attractive but it is a trap that can destroy economies just as easily as inflation.

It's all about balance something we humans have not yet mastered.

All that aside if BPT overcame its flaws and imperfections I suspect at $70 we would be ok and the share price would still rise in spite of the lower price. My logic - the POO rose quite significantly and that didn't help us at all. Funny ol' world we live in.

Cheers
    BW
    Last edited by barneyw: 22/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.914B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.28 $1.27 $1.342M 1.053M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 115672 $1.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.28 37358 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.55am 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.